There are many things that make Australia a great country to move to, but it is the people and the passion they hold for their nation that is the most impressive. Other things that might draw you to this “land down under” would be the vast amount of beaches that are available for you to browse, as well as the many types of climates that exist there. You may want to be close to the arid deserts or tropical rain forests. You will find that you will have your choice of landscape as well as climate when you move to this great land.
Here are some things you will want to know if you are planning a move to Australia.
1. The first thing you will want to do is contact real estate agents who can help you locate a place to live when you are ready to locate to Australia.
2. You will want to apply for a visa or citizenship early on so that you will not be held up during your plans. You can find the information you will need to do this on the official Australian Government website listed under Document for Travel to Australia and Visa and Citizenship Application.
3. Get your financial house in order as well as any other legal matters that might have an effect on whether or not you and your family will be able to enter the country with ease. This may involve getting a new bank account set up with a bank that operates in both the country you are leaving and your new country of residence.
4. Arrange transportation for your household belongings if you are taking them with you. Your real estate agent may be able to help you with this.
5. You will need your original birth certificate, marriage license, medical records, and your work records as well when you first arrive in the country. University records as well as the records of your children’s education are also going to be needed. And don’t forget your passport.
6. Your real estate agent or authorities may be able to help you understand the details surrounding customs as you enter Australia. The customs of this nation are quite strict so you will not be able to bring plant or animal materials with you. There are other guidelines that you will have to follow so be sure that you have the official answers for what is and is not allowed.
7. On arrival in Australia, you will be expected to enter through the immigration desk. At this point you will have to have your incoming Passenger Card and your passport ready to show. Your belongings will be screened by Australian Customs and Border Protection Service and once passed this screening and you have collected them you will be free to meet up with any friends, family or sponsors that are waiting to greet you.
Now that you are familiar with the process of moving to Australia, aren’t you ready to get started?
Author: Terry A Black
Article Source: EzineArticles.com
Prof. Servan-Schreiber’s Moving Story on Fighting Cancer